The Diploma in Graphic Design provides students with a solid foundation in art and design, placing specific emphasis on Graphic Design. The programme focuses on equipping students with industry-related skills and technical knowledge to produce static visuals that communicate with their intended target markets.
Presentations, quizzes, tests, mid-term exams, final year exams, folio and assignments, among others.
Minimum 3 Credits including English
Minimum Grade C in 3 subjects
Minimum Grade B in 3 subjects including English
Sijil Kemahiran Vokasional (SKV)
SKM Level 3 in Art & Design, Pass in SPM with 1 credit
Other Equivalent Qualification
Deemed equivalent to all of the above with minimum CGPA 2.0 or equivalent
* Pass Portfolio Assessment.
English Language Requirements
- A distinction (A+, A or A-) in the English Language subject at SPM/UEC level; or MUET Band 3; or a score of 410-413 (writing-based) / 34 (internet-based) in TOEFL; or Band 5.0 in IELTS.
- In the event that the English Language Requirements are not met, student may be required to undertake additional English module(s) prior to or concurrently with the undergraduate programme, based on the University’s decision.
International students holding equivalent academic qualifications but which are not conducted in English, are required to sit for the English Placement Test, which may result in the taking of the Certificate in English programme (1 to 10 months). Students who intend to pursue the above undergraduate programme directly, are advised to fulfil the above English requirements prior to commencing their studies at the University.
Note / Legend:
Discretion is given to the Head of School to deal with applicants who have results borderline to the Academic Requirements.
SPM Credit – 'A+' to 'C'
O-Level – 'A' to 'C'
UEC Credit – 'A1' to 'B6'
STPM principal – 'A' to 'C'
'A' Levels principal – 'A' to 'E'
Graduates of this programme are able to ﬁnd career opportunities in the following:
- Advertising Agencies
- Multimedia Labs
- Design Studios
- Corporate Art Departments
- Television Network Stations
- Animation Houses
- Fundamental of Drawing 1
- Fundamental of Painting
- Principles of Design
- History of Art and Design
- Creative Thinking Skills
- Extra-curricular Learning Experiences 1 (MPU-U4)
- Fundamental of Drawing II
- Study Skills & Employability (MPU-U2)
- Design Communication
- Business Communication
- Editorial Design
- Print Production
- Digital Photography
- Brand Communication Design
- Packaging & Display Design
- Marketing & Consumer Behaviour
- Digital Multimedia Design
- Design Contextual Studies
- Extra-curricular Learning Experiences 2 (MPU-U4)
- Promotional Design Campaign
- Motion Graphics
- Corporate Literature
- Interactive Web Technology
- Business Law – Malaysian Perspective
- Portfolio Project
- Ideation & Innovation
General Courses (MPU) are compulsory for all students.
– For Malaysian students:
- Malaysian Studies
– For foreign students:
- Communication in Bahasa Melayu 2
All information is correct at the time of upload and UCSI University reserves the right to make amendments without prior notice.