|Approval Code||R/462/6/0066; 11/2022|
|Subject Area||Actuarial Science and Finance|
|Course Duration||3 Years|
|Course Location||Kuala Lumpur|
|Intakes||January, May and September|
As the financial market is getting more volatile these days, enterprise risk management becomes an essential component of big corporations. To furnish the demand for personnel of this profession. The BSc (Hons) Actuarial Science & Finance was developed. The objective of this programme is to produce graduate competent in knowledge and skills for financial investment management, assets valuation and risk management for various financial assets such as equities, bond, FOREX, commodities and derivatives. The programme exposes students to both theoretical and practical approaches to investment analysis, security analysis, and portfolio and risk management. In addition, the programme also provides comprehensive study of money markets, financial instruments, financial planning, banking and corporate financial management, the essential working knowledge for executives in the financial industry.
The assessment includes a combination of examinations, projects and assignments, and finally a requirement to complete a Financial Research Project in the final year. Students will acquire up-to-date vocational skills that are relevant and competitive. This reflects the complex and challenging nature of the accounting, finance and business realms.
Why Choose this Programme?
- First University in Malaysia offering this programme (Combining Actuarial Science and Finance)
- Students have the option to choose the major (Pure Actuarial Science or Actuarial Science and Finance after year 1 as Year 1 course for both programmes are identical)
- The student can choose either the Actuary Professional Qualification or Finance Professional Qualification (i.e. SOA / CFA)
- More career options for the student when they enter into the job market
- Higher demand by employers as the students are equipped with Actuary Skills and Financial Knowledge.
This programme prepares students for exciting careers in the corporate sector, insurance sectors, risk management, financial industry, government agencies, and for graduate studies in finance and investment. Examples of career options include:
- Risk manager
- Investment Analyst
- Credit Manager
- Financial Analyst
- Fund Manager
- Credit Analyst
- Financial Planner
- Investment Broker
- Investment Banker
- Financial Trader
- Loss Models
- Independent Project 1
- Stochastic Calculus for Insurance and Finance
- Treasury Management
- Elective 2
- Life Contingencies 2
- Multinational Finance
- Islamic Financial Market and Institution
- Equity Analysis
- Co-Operative Placement 3
- Independent Project 2
- Credibility Theory
- Statistical Simulation for Financial Modelling
- Elective 3
- Actuarial Practices
- Investment Portfolio Management
All information is correct at the time of upload and UCSI University reserves the right to make amendments without prior notice.
- The Institute and Faculty of Actuaries (IFoA), UK has granted an Accreditation by Subject Agreement covering their CM1, CB1 and CB2 modules to UCSI University’s BSc. (Hons) Actuarial Science and BSc. (Hons) Actuarial Science and Finance programmes.
- Students who have passed the necessary courses with the required marks/grade that are set by IFoA , are eligible to receive these exemptions. These exemptions are effective from the Jan-Apr 2019 semester onwards.
- UCSI University is the first private institution in Malaysia recognised by IFoA, UK.